Insulation keeps your house cool in summer and warm in winter
Here’s why Insulating your home is one of the best investments you can make
Insulating your home is the way to go when it comes to creating a warm and cosy home year-round. Keeping it warm in winter and cool through summer means you can cut down the money spent on endlessly trying to heat your home. Insulation will slow the rate of heat loss through walls, ceilings and floors, trapping in the warmth in winter and keeping it out in the summer. Learn more about the benefits of wall insulation here.
CosyWall supplies insulation that
- Slows down the heat movement through walls and building materials.
- Prevents the cold from getting in or the heat from escaping, keeping you and your family warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Provides an energy-efficient way of heating and cooling your home, cutting down your costs.
Insulation is an investment that benefits your home both now and in the future by increasing the value and quality of your home. Once you have insulation, you will be able to enjoy the ease of keeping your home at the right temperature through every season. Insulation uses thermal resistance ( called the R-value) the higher the R-value the higher the thermal resistance in your home. Insulation works by trapping small pockets of air between fibres keeping your home at the right temperature. CosyWall strives to provide your home with quality, lasting insulation to create warmer, healthier energy-efficient environments by keeping your home warm in winter and cool in summer.
The difference between having insulation Vs not having insulation in your home
Poorly insulated houses
- Allows the warmth to seep through the building materials.
- Bigger electricity bills.
- 18-25% of heat is lost through the walls, 12-14% through the floor, and 30-35% through the roof.
- Insulated houses slow down the heat movement within your housekeeping it warmer or
- cooler for longer.
- It adjusts to the seasons for year-round comfort, keeping your home warm in winter and cool in summer.
- 10-15% of heat is lost through walls, 10-20% for the floors and only 5-10% per cent for the roof.
Learn more about home heat loss here.
The New Zealand government now has regulations to keep your home up to minimum quality standards. If you’re starting a new build or renovating an old home, insulating your walls, floors and ceilings should be a top priority. CosyWall can help provide insulation that slows the airflow inside your house providing you with a more energy-efficient lifestyle year-round.